One question I am often asked is, “Are there really health benefits to blinds and shutters?” Many are surprised to hear the answer.
I have worked in the Health Service for several decades, coordinating research programmes on the effect of various stimuli on the human body. These stimuli enter your windows, conservatories, orangeries, skylights and any room with glass openings.
Covering these openings with specialist Blinds and Shutters can indeed have many health benefits, for example, there are:
- fabrics that protect your eyes and skin against harmful UV rays
- remote-controlled products that make life much easier if you have arthritis or physical disabilities
- materials that help to reduce eyestrain when using computers or watching TV
- anti-static protections that minimize dust-retention if you have respiratory problems
- special coatings that assist greatly if you are recovering from eye surgery
- products that make a room perfect for the human body whatever the outside temperature
- and much more!
For more information on our Blinds, Shutters, Awnings, Insect Screens:
- see Client Reviews
- email Joy@JoyOfBlindsAndShutters.co.uk
- request a brochure
- request a free design consultation
For some interesting stories from the world of Blinds and Shutters see: